Tuesday 17 April 2012

Eating Elephants - bites four and five

I've now caught up with my schedule for sewing these men's pants.  The Ex is taking my car for its annual test at the end of the week, so I should be able to fit them when he drops it back.  (if "still being friends" means that I still sew his trousers, then I figure it also means he still deals with my car) 
Since my photography skills are decidedly dodgy, the fabric looks rather grey.  In fact, it's a dark olive green.  The bound pocket is not as neat as would have liked, but I ended up having to do it several times anyway, so I figure that's as good as it's going to get.

The next bite is the fly area.  I always hated installing zipper fly front, but last time I needed to install one I found a great video tutorial from Hot Patterns on YouTube.  I will admit that watching the tutorial it didn't seem to make sense, but when I played it while I was actually doing it, pausing the video as I completed each step, it worked, and was undoubtedly the best zipper fly front I've ever done.

I won't say that I'm an expert now, but I've saved the video to my I-pod so I can repeat the same process every time I need to install zips like this.  Hopefully I will reach a point when I don't need to watch the video every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment