I know, I’ve already done Frocktober, but I love dresses, and there are soooo many on my sewing list that I couldn’t just do one.
This is a Burda dress, and I regard as a sort of wearable muslin. I used one of the vintage cottons that I was given.
As a wearable muslin there are problems. The neckline gapes rather and I wasn’t sure whether it was the cut, or the fact that I didn’t interface the neck edge and it’s on the bias so stretched.
I sort of fudged the neck by adding ties that pull the V neck into a sort of sweet-heart neck line and hug it closer to my chest.
After wearing it I also decided that I needed to top stitch the whole area in place too.
I thought of it as a bit of a boring sort of fabric, but now I’ve made it up it has a sort of English-afternoon-tea-and-croquet sort of vibe about it. That’s the way it makes me feel anyway.